Saturday, July 11, 2009

What Do You Say To Prospects?

Have you ever had these questions or concerns...?

"How do I get my prospects to see the big picture like I do?"

"What do you tell people when they say they don't want to sell?"

What is your response when asked in a fearful or quippy tone, "Is this one of
those pyramid deals?"

One of the hardest lessons everyone must learn when it comes to sponsoring is the willingness to "just say no."

I want you to read those questions again and notice what each of them have in common...

Do you see it?

In every case, a hard working net worker is unwilling to let go of a bad prospect.

Please let this sink in... Sponsoring someone is NOT your goal here but sponsoring the right person is.

The "right" person has a deep desire to start a home business and already sees the big picture. The "right" person knows exactly what a networking business is because they've been doing their homework at the local book store for months or investigating online.

The "right person" does not have ridiculous pre-requisites for owning a business like "I don't want to sell." The "right" person knows that it takes money to make money. The "right" person doesn't whine, complain, or make excuses.

So here's what I say when any of those questions arise...

"How do I get my prospects to see the big picture like I do?"

You can't get your prospects to do anything, nor would you want to. The desire MUST already be in place and it cannot be injected into them by you or anyone else.

It can only come from within that person.

Answer: "Thanks for your time John, but I don't think this is right for you."

"What do you tell people when they say that they don't want to sell?"

Again, trying to sponsor a person who asks a question like this is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

They're obviously not right for this business. Let them go.

Answer: "Thanks for your time John, but I don't think this is right for you."

What is your response when asked in a fearful quippy tone, "Is this one of those pyramid deals?"

This is someone who would "like" to make money from home, but they have no real intention of doing so at all. If they did, they would have done enough research by now to know the difference between a networking business and a "pyramid."

By now you already know my answer and here's my point...

You don't answer questions like these because the answer is irrelevant. These aren't the people you're looking for so let them go.

Staying emotionally attached to the outcome with prospects like this will doom your business.

It leads to frustration, doubt, and confusion... All of which is unnecessary.

I started sponsoring people at will when I finally became willing to let them go... When I became "willing" to sponsoring someone, instead of "needing" to... When I held all the power in the interaction instead of my prospect.

I know that "letting go" of your prospects in order to sponsor more of them might seem backwards, but it makes perfect sense once you understand the psychology of attraction.

Your foundation of attraction is based on the level of value you have to offer others.

Coming across as needy or desperate in anyway is like holding up a sign in front of your prospect that says, "I have NO value!"

So it becomes very important that you demonstrate your ability and willingness to "let your prospects go".

Successful Partners don't" need" to sponsor more people. They don't "need" to return phone calls, or constantly chase down prospects.

And once a prospect realizes that about you, is the moment they'll feel a strong desire to work with you.

I hope this gives you a better insight into the sponsoring process. We're looking for the people that are truly looking for us.

Success Is A Choice, Make It Happen, See you at the TOP!!

Don Egnor
813-842-6131
FFE - The Mastermind Group
donegnor@aol.com

No comments: